News & coming events
- We're very excited to announce the official call for our coming international conference is open: the conference will take place in Valencia (ESP), from 9 through 11 of March 2022
- Read our latest newsletter
- Starting in autumn 2021: Master course "Applied Economy for the Common Good" (in German)
- Starting in October 2021: Academy for the Common Good's certificate course "Money and the Common Good" (in German)
- What's going on? See all ECG events
- Coming appearances and talks by Christian Felber
Our II Economy for the Common Good International Conference "Connecting Sustainability Organizational Models with SDGs" will take place in Valencia, Spain, on March 9, 10 and 11, 2022. The conference aims at bringing together those scholars working on topics related to the ECG and other sustainability approaches. It will provide a platform for a critical review, a resonance space, and a platform for networking.
Also, our 1st international academic conference on the Economy for the Common Good was held in November 2019 in Bremen. On three days, the conference attracted approximately 120 researchers and members of the interested public. Find the conference program here.
Want to know more about our conferences? Contact us!
Teaching - spreading the knowledge
We consider the transfer of knowledge a key aspect to ECG science and research. Check the academic offer on ECG, which includes the lists of courses offered by the ECG movement and of studies related to ECG.
Interested in developing your own ECG course or knowledge-sharing event? Let us know about it!
We believe in the development of new knowledge about ECG through collaboration, inter- and transdisciplinarity. We therefore promote ECG research and science that serve the common good, and invite whoever is interested in developing their own studies to use our resources as they find convenient.
- Current research projects on ECG
- List of relevant topics and research questions proposed by ECG-collaborators
- List of tutors for theses [under construction]
- Theses completed about ECG
You have a research project in mind or would like to collaborate in one? Get in contact with us
The ECG is composed of an ample community of people and practitioners from all walks of life as well as scientists from all disciplines. And we invite everyone interested to join us in the transformation of our socio-economy.
- See how universities and other organisations can work on/with ECG
- Directory of institutions that completed a Common Good Balance Sheet
- We cooperate closely with the Research Association Economy for the Common Good
Want to be part of our community? Working on something related to ECG? Tell us about it!
Looking for more? Explore our online library with a selection of papers, books, articles
Most recent publications:
Do you want to be informed about Science & Research activities on ECG? You'll like our quarterly newsletters then!
- Read our latest Newsletter (June 2021)
- Also, check out our previous newsletters
- Sign up for the newsletter by simply sending an email to and answering the email you receive (check your Spam folder too!) - we will use your contact information to send our newsletter only, in any case will we give it to third-parties; you can red our Data Protection Policy (German only!) for further information
About the hub
The ECG Science and Research Hub is a collaborative and co-creative community within the broader ECG movement and neighboured alternative economic approaches, including all types of heterodox economics (from ecological to feminist to institutional or Neokeynesian economics) and all branches of science and scientists concerned with sustainability, social justice, human rights, gender, post-growth, post-colonialism, peaceful international relations, mindfulness and ethics. Its members deal with the ECG model in research, teaching & training, (self-)application, discourse and public dissemination.
Check out other ECG Hubs!
email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com